May 28, 2011

Over-Thinking and Under-Doing

I've been struggling with what I thought was a lack of something to say. Well, that just didn't resonate. I can't remember when the last time was that I didn't have something to say (many of you will vouch for that). There have been times when I didn't think anyone was listening, so I refrained from speaking or writing, but the myriad of thoughts have always run rampant in my head.

So...what has really been going on then, if I couldn't decide what to write? I've never had a problem writing. My biggest peace has always come from writing. And once I start, I just can't stop. I crave time to write. So, I wondered if the idea of making my thoughts public was the hindrance for me? Maybe...that has been a block over the years. But...I believe I have been blessed enough by "spilling my guts" in the past, that I now trust that sharing will always bring more favor than adversity. Despite the vulnerability I sometimes feel, I usually trust it's just akin to the jitters before a performance.

Finally, it hit me! I have too much to write about! I can't pick one thought over another...they are all so worthy of being explored (....at least to me...and, truth be told, if I'm not interested in it, why would I write about it??).

Solution? Write about what's on my mind at the moment? Oh, no...I could never type fast enough. Nor would anyone want to read it!

I guess I'm still working on the solution. Just like life, my focus will always be on Facing Backward...living life intentionally. Some of the topics that I will be - randomly or not - touching on will be the things that I have passion for in my life. Of course. I do tend to find the quirky details within the big picture and can be easily led astray by colorful objects and thoughts. But...the heart of this blog is intentionality. The body is comprised of all the Big Ideas that help focus all the chaos into something with a name.

Some of the Big Ideas that you can expect to wander through with me are...
  • Homeless Youth...in our own back yard (www.sourcemn.org)
  • Support & Mentoring Ministries...depression, abuse, recovery...
  • Sex Trafficking...Yes, in our own back yard (www.breakingfree.net).
  • Christianity, prayer, and a Biblical world-view.
I am always open to suggestions on topics to explore. Let me know what you are struggling with, have a passion for, or just enjoy discussing.

No comments:

Post a Comment